0% over the course of 2000. Salaried males had a mean monthly wage of ILS 6, 607 (a real change of 9. 0%) compared with ILS 3, 598 for females (a real change of 3. 1%). The mean income for the self-employed was 6, 584. A total of 1, 752 people received unemployment benefits and 6, 753 received income supplements. In 2019, the total population was 97, 334, of which 91. 8% were Jewish and 0. 9% were Arab.  Education Technoda science and technology center Hillel Yaffe Medical Center In 2001, there were 15, 622 students studying at 42 schools (24 elementary schools with 7, 933 students, and 21 high schools with 7, 689 students).
 British Mandate In the 1922 census of Palestine conducted by the British Mandate authorities, Hadera had a total population of 540; 89 Muslims, 1 Christian and 450 Jews.  Land disputes in the area were resolved by the 1930s, and the population had grown to 2, 002 in 1931.  Free schooling was introduced in the city in 1937 in all schools apart from the Histadrut school.  Members of Yiftach Brigade 1st Battalion, "D" company stationed at Givat Olga. 1948 Hadera 1932 1:20, 000 Hadera 1945 1:250, 000 State of Israel After the 1948 War, the north-western part of Hadera (including "Newe Chayyim") expanded on the land which had belonged to the depopulated Palestinian village of Arab al-Fuqara.
muni. il/ Hadera (Hebrew: חֲדֵרָה IPA: [χadeˈʁa]) is a city located in the Haifa District of Israel, in the northern Sharon region, approximately 45 kilometers (28 miles) from the major cities of Tel Aviv and Haifa. The city is located along 7 km (5 mi) of the Israeli Mediterranean Coastal Plain. The city's population includes a high proportion of immigrants arriving since 1990, notably from Ethiopia and the former Soviet Union. In 2019 it had a population of 97, 335.  Hadera was established in 1891 as a farming colony by members of the Zionist group, Hovevei Zion, from Lithuania and Latvia.
In the past the city was also home to Maccabi Hadera, Hapoel Nahliel and Hapoel Beit Eliezer. The city is also represented in the Israeli Beach Soccer League. Its team, Hapoel Hadera, won the championship (under its previous name, Hadera's Princes) in 2008.  In Basketball, Maccabi Hadera's women's basketball team plays in second tier Liga Leumit, while the club's Maccabi Hadera men's basketball team plays in third tier Liga Artzit. Notable people Eldad Amir (born 1961), Olympic competitive sailor Mohamed Abu Arisha (born 1997), basketball player for Hapoel Be'er Sheva of the Israeli Basketball Premier League and the Israeli national basketball team Shimon Baadani (born 1928), Sephardi rabbi, rosh kollel, and senior leader of the Shas party Avshalom Feinberg, spy Amit Gershon (born 1995), basketball player Aharon Gluska (born 1951), painter Shlomo Gronich, musician Orna Grumberg, computer scientist Tzuri Gueta, designer Sarit Hadad, singer Moshe Kahlon (Givat Olga neighborhood), politician Yoel Sela (born 1951), Olympic competitive sailor Baruch Shmailov (born 1994), judoka Alon Stein (born 1978), basketball player and coach Herut Takele (born 1938), aliyah activist and prisoner of Zion from Ethiopia Twin towns — sister cities Hadera is twinned with: See also Desalination#Israel Hadera Stream References ^ a b "Population in the Localities 2019" (XLS).
Economy Hadera Paper, established in 1953, continues to be a major employer in the city. The world's largest desalination plant of its type,  was inaugurated in December 2009.  Hadera is the location of the Orot Rabin Power Plant, Israel's largest power station.  Demographics According to the Israel Central Bureau of Statistics, as of October 2013, Hadera had a population of 91, 634 which is growing at an annual rate of 1. 2%.
On October 28, 2001, four civilians were killed when a terrorist opened fire on pedestrians at a bus stop.  A massacre of six civilians at a Bat Mitzvah occurred in early 2002.  A suicide bomber blew himself up at a falafel stand on October 26, 2005, killing seven civilians and injuring 55, five in severe condition.  During the second Lebanon War, on August 4, 2006, three rockets fired by Hezbollah hit Hadera.